- MAE Home
- About MAE
- Academic Programs
- Faculty & Staff
MAE Graduate Research Symposium
The Research Symposium is a department-sponsored forum for graduate students and advanced-level undergraduates to present their research to a general audience. The Research Symposium is designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and knowledge among faculty and graduate students, to provide opportunities for students to develop their technical presentation skills, and to promote the research activities of the department to undergraduates and other interested individuals.
Interested in attending the MAE Graduate Research Symposium? Please register your interest here. Registration deadline: October 15, 2017.
- To be considered for the symposium, research abstracts should be submitted via this form by 5:00 pm on August 31, 2017.
- Abstract body is limited to no more than 1,300 characters including spaces.
- Abstract title is limited to no more than 140 characters including spaces.
- Abstract submission needs prior approval from thesis advisor. The advisor will be notified upon abstract submission.
- 16 abstracts will be selected for the symposium.
- Authors of the selected abstracts and their advisors will be notified by September 30, 2017.
- The symposium will be held on Saturday, October 28, 2017 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Each presenter will be allotted 10 minutes for the talk, 3 minutes for questions and answers, and 2 minutes for transition to the next speaker.
- Coffee (pre-symposium) and lunch (post-symposium) will be provided to attendees.
- Presenters with highest total scores (top 3), best abstract (1), and presentation with best visual quality (1) would be awarded cash prizes by the MAE department head at an end-of-semester gathering.
- A commemorative plaque with the names of the 1st prize winners of each year will be displayed in MAE.
- Participation in the graduate symposium will count as 3 seminar credits and attendance will count as 2 credits toward the MAE Research Seminar series semester requirement.