- MAE Home
- About MAE
- Academic Programs
- Faculty & Staff
Hanan, Jay C.
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Oklahoma State University
700 N. Greenwood Ave.
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74106 USA
Phone: (918) 594-8238
Ph.D., California Institute of Technology
M.S., Materials Science, California Institute of Technology
B.S., Engineering Physics, Oklahoma Christian University
B.S., Chemistry, Oklahoma Christian University
- Associate Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department, Oklahoma State University, 2011-Present.
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department, Oklahoma State University, 2005-(reappointed in 2009)
- Staff Scientist, Avionics Equipment Section, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, 2000-2004.
- Graduate Research Assistant, Los Alamos National Laboratory.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE and ACTIVITIES
- Reviewer, several journals including Journal of Materials Science, Journal of Materials Science and Technology, Journal of Robotics and Automation, and others.
- McLain magnet High-School Materials Science Curriculum and Strand advisor.
- Reviewer for Advanced Light Source, X-ray microdiffraction proposals
- Faculty search committees
- Scholarship committees
- Helmerich-ATRC planning and lab design review
- Various invited lectures for academic and general audiences
- Industry advisor for advanced materials applications
- Industry advisor for non-destructive evaluation
- General user and supporter of the APS, ALS, LANSCE, NSLS, and other facilities.
- 2005-2007: Faculty Advisor for OSU-Tulsa ASME Student Chapter
- 2006 Nanomechanics Committee (TMS)
- 2003-2004: Reviewer for IEEE Aerospace Journal
- 2003-2004: Reviewer for NASA Small Business Innovative Research Initiatives
- 2002-2004: Member of the Aero Association of Caltech/JPL
- 1998-2001: Participant in the SMARTS (Spectrometer for Materials Research at Temperature and Stress) instrument design team at the Los Alamos Neutron Science Center, Los Alamos National Laboratory