- MAE Home
- About MAE
- Academic Programs
- Faculty & Staff
Areas of Interest
- Fluid dynamics
- Turbulence modeling and large eddy simulations
- Geophysical flows
- Multiphase and multimaterial flows
- High performance computing
- Model reduction and optimization
- Computational mathematics and numerical methods
Ph.D., Engineering Mechanics, Virginia Tech, 2012
M.S., Aerospace Engineering, Old Dominion University, 2007
B.S., Aeronautical Engineering, Istanbul Technical University, 2005
- Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 2015-present
- Postdoctoral Associate, Center for Shock Wave-processing of Advanced Reactive Materials, University of Notre Dame, 2014-2015
- Postdoctoral Associate, Interdisciplinary Center for Applied Mathematics, Virginia Tech, 2012-2014
San, O. and Borggaard, J. (2015). Principal interval decomposition framework for POD reduced-order modeling of convective Boussinesq flows. International Journal For Numerical Methods in Fluids, Vol. 78, 37-62.
San, O. and Kara, K. (2015). Evaluation of Riemann flux solvers for WENO reconstruction schemes: Kelvin-Helmholtz instability. Computers & Fluids, Vol. 117, 24-41.
San, O. and Iliescu, T. (2014). Proper orthogonal decomposition closure models for fluid flows: Burgers equation. International Journal of Numerical Analysis & Modeling, Series B, Vol. 5, 217-237.
San, O., Staples, A. E. and Iliescu, T. (2013). Approximate deconvolution large eddy simulation of a stratified two-layer quasigeostrophic ocean model. Ocean Modelling, Vol. 63, 1-20.
San, O. and Staples, A. E. (2013). A coarse-grid projection method for accelerating incompressible flow computations. Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 233, 480-508.